Friday 30 October 2009

Fashion Inspiration: Claire Pettibone




The final designer I’m looking at this week is Claire Pettibone, a US based designer whose dresses I’m glad to say are available in the UK. Her elegant collection really stood out for me for the beautiful use of fabrics particularly the antique laces in delicate shades of ivory and champagne and the splashes of reds in fabric flowers and obi inspired waists. She also had the most amazing backs too, I quite easily could have shown six of her dresses when I looked at the beautiful backs trend.

The collection was called Cherry Blossom and you can see the influence of the East in the detailing of the dresses. I think I’ve found a new favourite designer, definitely one I’ll be keeping an eye on from now on.

Please note these photos are from the catwalk and may not be available for purchase

All images via Brides

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails