Friday 28 January 2011

Behind the Scenes: Cakes & Canapés



So this week started with me meeting cake maker Rosalind Miller. She’s been running Peggy’s Cupcakes for a while now but is launching her luxury wedding cake company Rosalind Miller Cakes at the Designer Wedding Show in a couple of weeks.


Rosalind is based quite locally to me in Forest Hill so I popped round for tea and cake. She made vanilla sponge, chocolate & cherry and lemon cake for me to try and they were all quite yummy (I had the lemon cake while there and then shared the other 2 with my husband and son, thought 3 in one day might be a little greedy!)
 
I’ll be posting photos form Rosalind’s cake collection next week, in the meantime here a are few sneak peaks I took.




I also visited 10-11 Carlton House for an evening of drinks and canapés. Owned by the British Academy (The National Academy for Humanities and Social Sciences-yes I originally thought it was the British Film Academy but no they’re just down the road) the two buildings have recently undergone a massive refurbishment where all the rooms were lovingly restored and the two buildings combined to make one great event space.

It’s a beautiful refurbishment with lots of lovely period details and it looked particularly charming on this evening with lots of tealights and flowers provided by Euphoric Flowers. There are a number of rooms to choose from and it would be a great space for a wedding if you want somewhere where you can create different looks for different parts of the day. There are also some stunning backdrops for photos too-quite frankly my little iPod photos could never do it justice so here are a couple from the website.




Cake Photos taken by Always Andri Wedding Design

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails