Friday 26 August 2011

Happiness…


So last Friday Annabel form Love My Dress posted a very inspirational blog post as part of her Being Self Employed series entitled ‘Focusing on the Good Stuff’. In it she asks people to list five things that make them happy right now and reading everybody’s lists in the comments really is inspiring and uplifting stuff. I eventually got round to leaving a comment this week and I thought I’d share it with you all here as I too am often guilty of focusing on the negative rather than the positive but when I look back over all I have achieved in the last few years I realise how far I have come and just how much I am grateful for:

  1. My husband, my best friend, the ‘one’- we’ll be celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary next month and though the last few years have seen some of our most challenging times as we both made life changing career choices-him to go back into full time education to qualify to be a social worker and me to set up my wedding planning business our relationship and marriage feels stronger than ever right now
  2. Our gorgeous little 5year old boy-watching him grow up has been amazing, every day he makes me smile in wonder and he gives the best cuddles and kisses.
  3. My parents-their support and encouragement has been invaluable from babysitting, sewing skills to yummy home-grown fruit and vegetables and much more…
  4. The amazing and inspiring people I have met in the last few years in the wedding industry especially those that have become great friends.
  5. An exciting new project that I found out about last week that I just can’t wait to start
I snuck in one more because I’m really quite chuffed about it…
     6.  Dropping 2 dress sizes this year and still managing to sneak in eating chocolate!!

The great thing about a list like this is you start to think of all the many other simple things that make you happy too…

Meeting friends for cocktails or afternoon tea for a good gossip and a giggle. Baking chocolate banana cake with my gorgeous little boy who wants to be baker when he grows up. Sitting in the sun in my parents’ garden eating freshly picked raspberries from their bushes. Going clubbing and dancing so much your feet hurt the next day. Snuggling up on the sofa watching our favourite TV programs like Mad Men. The hubby choosing to watch Twilight and Sex and City the movie with me last weekend. Reading my favourite book the Time Travellers Wife again. A long hot soak in the bath by candlelight….

What makes you happy?

Image Credit: Henri Matisse - The Dance, 1910 - State Hermitage Museum, St. Petersburg via suite101.com

 

2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet post! Made me smile and think about little things I appreciate in life)) Thank you for sharing!
    Dasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dasha, glad you enjoyed it and hope you now have a long list too x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails